Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pine and Cedar Trail - Bellingham

Today I hiked Pine and Cedar trail with 41 sports :)

We ended up going all the way to Raptor Ridge which was really cool regardless of being super sweaty and it taking an hour or so to get there!! I even ran a lot of the way up! :)

Then of course we had to go back down, which wasn't too bad, except I'm a bit scared of going down. Since it's steep up hill the whole way up, that means I walked pretty much the whole way back. This might seem backwards to some people. However. We all have our fears, and I just happen to be afraid of running down a trail when there's a bluff on the side and I tend to trip walking. Haha.

Here's Amy (left) and me (right) at the top of Raptor Ridge.

After that, and taking the guys to the highland games, I took a long shower and got dressed. I had to go to campus and work on some homework with my awesome friend Ali. I felt really good, though slightly overwhelmed, about my accomplishment that morning. About our accomplishment as a team, too. Amy and I have come a long way since we started. I kinda felt like jumping and dancing up there, but it was making the ladies nervous that I stood close to the edge, so I figured they might put me on a leash if I tried anything like that! LOL!

I snapped a picture of me when I got home, all proud of myself. That smile's kinda been there on and off all day long. Have a good rest of your weekend everybody! 

2 comments: