Thursday, February 9, 2012

Some Advice ♥

I posted this to a friend recently, and I wanted to share it with my readers.


Appreciation:
Your man should make you feel beautiful/smart/perfect, even when he is not saying it. 

Maybe it is in the way you catch him watching you walk around in a towel. Maybe it's how he goes back for seconds when you cook something. Or in the way he can tell you he hates you while laughing and shaking his head, and you are the only one who knows that he's really saying he loves you so much that he can't stand it. When afterword he hugs you and kisses you. Maybe it is how he asks you a question that you know he wouldn't ask anybody else ever. However he does it, you feel his love and appreciation. APPRECIATION. You should feel appreciated.

Trust:
Other men are allowed to speak with you. You are your own human. You can have male friends. You can call Les and cry to him about something and I will not even think twice about it. I trust you. Les trusts you. Your man should trust you.

Sure, there are boundaries. You probably shouldn't go out with them alone at night, or during the day if it's a romantic setting... Anywhere. That's like a date no matter how "just friends" you are. Or you shouldn't call and say "is your wife home? no? good I'd really love to talk to you alone." 

ESPECIALLY not if the guy proceeds to not tell his wife/girl/fiance/whatever. 
Same way the other way around. Les shouldn't call a girl and be like "Is your man home? OH good. I want to come over and talk to you." 

But you should be confident in one another. Your man should be able to call me and vent and ask for advice. As should any other friends' man, or anybody. Ryan's vented to me before. It goes both ways. 


TRUST each other. 

Love each other.

Appreciate each other.

Of course there are other things I feel that are important in relationships, but just in highlighting these two...
What are your thoughts on all this? Do you think these are important traits? Obviously this is an opinion. Some relationships survive without any of this. But I feel these two things are very important.  

Discuss :)

No comments:

Post a Comment