Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm registered!

Wow that is such a relief.

Laundry is in the washer. Gotta do some so I can go see Les!

I'll tell ya an adventure, it starts out whiny but ends nicely. :)

Yesterday started out TERRIBLE. Let me explain why. I'll start from the beginning:

This assignment was to write a story using unconventional form. You know how you're reading a novel, and it says "She left me a note" then shows a picture of the note, and you can read it? Or maybe a scifi book where the main character gets his hands on someone's confidential file and reads it... and you get to see it too? It happens in loads of books. It's starting to be a trend in short stories, too.

Anyway, first we had to make our exploration. I did mine as a teenage girl who kept a blog and they went on a road trip (her family) and she and her sister found a dinosaur egg.

Anyway, the prof said my main character wasn't interesting enough.

So I've been ripping my hair out trying to figure out how to make an interesting story when I've had such potent and disgusting writers block it's not even funny. Tuesday night, after work, I drove down to Bothell to be with my girl Eryn, who's going through some crap. I slept over, then hung out at her house while she did her daily stuff (Jaysen to school, parent teacher conference, her to work, etc) and worked on my story.

I decided to go with the concept of a girl who lies to her diary. It went very crazy... anyway that night I went to  dinner with Eryn and Jay, then drove home.

My drive home was TERRIFYING.

I didn't know it could rain that hard ever. I felt like I was driving through a giant water fall in the dark. I hydroplaned multiple times, the car behind me almost hit me, we were going 20 mph on I5 all the way from the last exit in Mt Vernon to the first exit in Bellingham. Holyfuckingshitcakes.

Anyway, I got home finally, adrenaline pumping, heart in my throat, and called all the people I needed to call that night. Then, I started to finish my story.

About five pages in, I called Dani and she helped me with some of the ideas of the story, and some research on brands of knives.

Seven pages later, it has a solid beginning, middle, and end. The girl is a psycho, and the last sentence in the story includes the word "masturbate."  I turned it in at 4 a.m. yesterday morning, and got dressed and went to sleep on the couch. Is that interesting for you enough, Kami? :P

At 7 am I got up, grabbed a bus to campus, and showed up for my class (late) at 8:15.

I had forgotten my wallet, and didn't pack any food.

I bought a yogurt in the VU for like $1.18. YES, a little tiny yoplait yogurt for over a dollar. WTF? It was like the cheapest thing in there besides donuts.

I went to register for my classes, (I was scheduled for 8:15), and it had bumped me to 1:45pm. WTF again??

Went to registrar and apparently it should have said 1:45 the whole time (i.e. they didn't believe me).

Finally, about to pass out I was so hungry and exhausted, I went to my last class at noon. The guy sitting next to me could see that I was exhausted, and gave me a bite of his breakfast sandwich, a piece of bacon, and half of his cookie.

I owe him my sanity that day.

At the end of that class (it ends at 2) a few people in it (myself included) got out their laptops and registered for classes. I got into everything I needed!!

I was supposed to work that night from 5:30-9... but I sent out a desperate email (yeah I don't do well without sleep.... I know some people can handle it, but not me okay don't give me crap lol) and I actually had 2 people contact me willing to cover my shift <3 <3

I fell asleep at 5:30 pm that evening... and woke up today when Les called me at like 7:30.

How was your week?

2 comments:

  1. Wtf I totally commented on this yesterday! ugh... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK here's my "real" comment that better not go away this time!

    I hate days like that, but love them at the same time...where it all works out at the end, but you're too exhausted by the end of it to care. lol. Where is Les right now? He's working for your parents, right?

    ReplyDelete