Saturday, December 15, 2012

Better Than Sex Cookies

So, this year for xmas, I'm giving out some cookies.

Not just ANY cookies. Cookies I made!! :)

Today I am going to share a recipe with you. The recipe is for "BTS Cookies," (which stands for better than SHOES obviously... ok maybe S is for something else.)


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Let's do this cookie thing.

For this recipe, you will need:

1 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar

2 Eggs
2 Tsp. Vanilla

2½ Cups of Flour
1tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt

2⅔ Cups Coconut Flakes
1½ Cups Assorted Chips   (milk chocolate, butterscotch, white chocolate, peanut butter... you choose)


Not Pictured: Eggs, Vanilla, Salt.
Did I mention these are like the sugariest mother effing cookies you will ever eat? :)

I am not personally partial to any brands. I buy whatever is the best deal at the store I'm shopping at.


Moving on. First step:  Cream butter & sugars together in a large bowl. (You want one larger than mine.. I had a hard time at the end of the mixing.)



Then, add your eggs and vanilla.

It should start to look kind of like cookie dough.


At this point, you may need to shoo your dog out of the kitchen...  He shouldn't be begging like that!


Next Step: Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, & salt in another bowl.

Be careful pouring the flour... it can create a disaster.


Slowly add this mixture to your cookie dough.


Step 3:
Add your coconut and your chips!


Wow. Awesome cookie dough in 3 steps!!! Eat some!!


OK now the cooking part.

You're just gonna want to make little balls and put them on a cookie sheet. For BEST results, put parchment paper between your dough and your cookie sheet. SO much easier, trust me.


If your a perfectionist, don't put them as close together as I did. I don't mind if they stick together a little. They come apart easy when they are cooled off. (Lift hot cookies on parchment paper onto wire cooling racks. Separate when cool.)

Bake your cookies at 350 for about 13 minutes. (Anywhere from 12-15). If your oven runs hot, check at 11 minutes. 

That is what almost done looks like. I left them in for literally one more minute, then pulled them out. 

PERFECTION.


I hope you enjoy!! <3 <3 <3

You might just be getting some for xmas, if you know me!!!

5 comments:

  1. Yum, yum! Those sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty great. Crispy, sugary, and yummy. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is awesome. Love the layout, the voice, the presentation, the interjection of shooing the dog, lol.

    But your claim that a baked good is better than copulation is up for debate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL funny story - I named them before I'd ever had sex. I've been making them for years.

      Delete